Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Babies everywhere!

I finished my first Presto Chango:

The color is more accurate in the second picture. Also, aren't those just the cutest buttons? Asher helped me pick them out at Windsor Button. I liked this pattern quite a bit and am a good portion of the way through a second one (for James's cousin's baby). We ran into Erin last night on our way home and she said she really liked it, which I'm very glad of.

However, we're now finding out about new babies left and right, so I think my plans for blankets for some of them will have to go away in favor of smaller projects! Here are my revised plans:
  • Samuel, Presto Chango #2, which is about 1/3 of the way done
  • Ariella, a hat (to match the sweater my mom made) which should be quick. I need to finish it by February 14th, but I can probably get a good bit done in the car on the way to DC the day before.
  • Baby Dunn, Waving Grass Wrap not started yet. (Due in April)
  • Baby Varacalli, Peach Blossom Baby Jacket, not started yet (Due in May)
I still haven't gotten my test-knitting stuff for the Norwegian sweater I'm supposed to be doing (with steeks!) so I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out how I need to budget my time. I'm trying to get as much of this done as soon as possible, but I'm also working on a pair of socks for me and blanket for James and me (Hemlock Ring). Also, my wrists are starting to give me some trouble again, so I'm trying not to overwork them.

1 comment: