Monday, February 9, 2009

Presto Chango, and other baby plans

Second Presto Chango has been mailed out! Here are some pictures:

Buttons, as usual from the loveley Windsor Button.

I've also decided, as I think I mentioned in the previous post, to enter the Stitch House baby sweater competition. I found a really cute pattern, and nice, affordable yarn, and I'm more than halfway done with the sweater now! I'm doing Iced Gem from Louisa Harding's Enchanted. I'm using Cascade 220 heathers in a nice soft purple (so, surprise, surprise, this will be for Nick and Dina's baby). After finding out on Friday about another friend who is expecting, and remembering that I keep forgetting about a cousin who is expecting (really, lots of pregnancies to keep straight!) I'm up to six babies between now and september. A positive baby boom. Let's see what I know about the babies:

  • 1 is a girl
  • 1 (probably 2) I won't know whether it's a boy or girl until the baby is born. Anyone have good suggestions for gender-neutral baby sweaters?
  • 1 I will know in a month if it's a boy or girl.
  • 4 will live in cold climates! Yay!
  • 2 will live in Florida, and might get wool anyway because so much knitting with cotton has been hurting my hands.
  • 1 in April, 2 in May, 2 in June, 1 in September
I think there will be little Christmas/Chanukah knitting this year, because between the babies and the weddings, I think I'll be pretty busy!

2 comments:

  1. Are you looking for color suggestions? How about green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colors I'm pretty good on... green, yellow, maybe red. It's patterns I keep having trouble with.

    ReplyDelete